Last Updated on September 13, 2023 by Andrew White
The Amazon Fire TV Stick is a versatile streaming device that brings a world of entertainment to your television. However, like any technology, it’s not immune to issues. One common and frustrating problem that Fire Stick users may encounter is no sound on Firestick or Fire TV while trying to enjoy their favorite shows and movies. This issue can affect all apps and media on the device, leaving users scratching their heads and wondering what went wrong. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the possible reasons for the “no sound” problem on Fire Stick and provide step-by-step solutions to resolve it.
Why Is There No Sound Coming From My Firestick?
Before diving into solutions, it’s essential to understand why your Firestick may suddenly go mute. Here are some common culprits:
- Incorrect TV or Speaker Settings: Sometimes, the issue lies not with the Fire Stick but with your TV or speaker settings. It’s possible that the volume is turned down on your TV, or the audio output is directed to a different source.
- Accidental Activation of Mute Option: It’s easy to accidentally press the mute button on your TV remote or Fire Stick remote, resulting in no sound.
- Bluetooth Headphones Connected: If you’ve connected Bluetooth headphones to your Fire Stick, the audio may be directed there instead of your TV or speakers.
- Wrong HDMI Port Used: Using the wrong HDMI port on your TV can result in no audio output from your Fire Stick.
- Dolby Digital Plus Setting: The Fire Stick’s Dolby Digital Plus setting may not be compatible with your TV or sound system.
Solutions to Fix the No Sound on Firestick
Now that we’ve identified the potential causes, let’s explore the solutions to get your Firestick’s sound back:
- Turn on Speakers: Ensure that your external speakers, soundbar, or home theater system is powered on and functioning correctly. This can often be done with a remote control or a physical power button on the speaker system.
- Unmute TV and Fire Stick: Check your TV’s remote control and Fire Stick remote for mute buttons. Press the “Mute” or “Volume Up” button to unmute both your TV and Fire Stick.
- Press Up on Fire Stick Remote: On your Fire Stick remote, press the “Up” button to access the on-screen volume control. Use the remote to increase the volume to an audible level.
- Switch HDMI Inputs: If you’re using multiple HDMI ports on your TV, use your TV remote to switch to the HDMI port that your Fire Stick is connected to.
- Restart Fire Stick: Navigate to “Settings” on your Fire Stick, then select “My Fire TV” and choose “Restart” to reboot the Fire Stick.
- Unplug Fire Stick for 30 Seconds: Disconnect the Fire Stick from your TV and unplug it from the power source for approximately 30 seconds. Afterward, plug it back in.
- Update Fire Stick Software: Go to “Settings” > “My Fire TV” > “About” > “Check for Updates” to ensure your Fire Stick is running the latest software. If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
- Update Fire Stick Apps: Open the Amazon Appstore on your Fire Stick, go to “Settings” and select “My Apps & Games.” Check for app updates and install any available updates for your streaming apps.
- Plug Fire Stick into Wall Socket: If you’ve been using a USB port on your TV to power the Fire Stick, try plugging it into a dedicated wall socket using the provided power adapter. This can provide more stable power.
- Check TV’s HDMI Port Audio Settings: Access your TV’s settings menu and navigate to the audio or sound settings. Make sure that the HDMI port you’re using for the Fire Stick is configured for audio output.
- Try a Different HDMI Port: If you suspect a faulty HDMI port, switch to a different HDMI port on your TV to see if that resolves the audio issue.
- Turn Off Bluetooth Headphones: If you have connected Bluetooth headphones to your Fire Stick, turn them off or disconnect them to ensure that audio is directed to your TV.
- Disconnect Bluetooth Devices: Disconnect any other Bluetooth devices that may be interfering with the audio output from your Fire Stick.
- Disable Dolby Digital Plus: In the Fire Stick settings, go to “Display & Sound” > “Audio” and disable the Dolby Digital Plus option if it’s causing compatibility issues with your TV or speakers.
- Choose the Stereo Sound Option: Select “Stereo” as the audio output option on your Fire Stick if your TV or sound system doesn’t support advanced audio formats.
- Test Fire Stick on Another TV: To rule out TV-related issues, connect your Fire Stick to a different television and see if the sound issue persists.
- Reset Fire Stick to Factory Settings: As a last resort, you can reset your Fire Stick to its factory settings. Keep in mind that this will erase your data and preferences. To do this, go to “Settings” > “My Fire TV” > “Reset to Factory Defaults.” Follow the on-screen instructions.
Follow these step-by-step instructions, and you should be able to diagnose and resolve the no sound issue on your Fire Stick.
How to Set Up Your Soundbar Manually on Firestick?
Step 1: Connect Firestick to TV: Start by plugging your Firestick into one of the HDMI ports on your TV. If you have multiple HDMI ports, remember which one you use.
Step 2: Turn On Your TV and Soundbar: Ensure both your TV and soundbar are powered on. Use your TV remote to select the HDMI input to which your Firestick is connected.
Step 3: Access Firestick Settings: Use your Firestick remote to navigate to the Firestick’s home screen. From there, go to “Settings” at the top of the screen.
Step 4: Audio Settings: Scroll to the right and select “Display & Sound” in the settings menu.
Step 5: Audio Output: Choose “Audio Output.”
Step 6: Select Soundbar: You will see a list of available audio output options. Here, select your soundbar from the list. It may be labeled with the soundbar’s brand name or model number. If you don’t see your soundbar listed, select “Receiver (HDMI)” or “External Speakers (HDMI)” if available.
Step 7: Test the Audio: To ensure the sound is coming from the soundbar, play a video or music on your Firestick. You should hear the audio through the soundbar now.
Step 8: Adjust Sound Settings: Use your soundbar remote to fine-tune the audio settings to your preference. Most soundbars allow you to adjust bass, treble, and other audio settings.
Step 9: Sync the Remotes: If your soundbar and TV remote controls are compatible, you can often sync them to control both devices. Refer to your soundbar’s manual for specific instructions on how to do this.
Step 10: Enjoy Enhanced Audio: That’s it! You’ve successfully set up your soundbar manually on your Firestick. Now, sit back, relax, and enjoy your favorite movies and shows with improved audio quality.
Make sure to check out our in-depth review of the best soundbar for Firestick.
Troubleshooting Tips For Fixing No Sound on Firestick:
- If you’re not hearing sound from the soundbar, double-check that you’ve selected the correct audio output in the Firestick settings.
- Ensure that both your TV and soundbar are set to the same HDMI input source.
- Make sure all cables are securely connected.
- If you encounter any issues, consult the user manuals for your Firestick, TV, and soundbar for specific troubleshooting steps.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Fix Sound Delay on Fire Stick?
To fix sound delay issues, check your TV’s audio settings for any audio delay adjustments. You can also try restarting the Fire Stick or using a different HDMI port.
How to Get Sound from Fire Stick to Projector?
To get sound from your Fire Stick to a projector, ensure that the projector has built-in speakers or connect external speakers to the projector’s audio output.
How to Play Audio from Fire Stick on Echo Devices?
You can use Alexa voice commands to play audio from your Fire Stick on Echo devices. Ensure both devices are on the same Amazon account and connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
How to Fix No Sound on Firestick 4k?
Follow the 17 solutions and step-by-step instructions that provided in this article, and you should be able to diagnose and resolve the no sound issue on your Firestick 4k.
- Best Soundbar for Firestick or Fire TV
- How to Connect Your Firestick to Your PC Monitor or Laptop
- How to Stop Buffering on Firestick
- Best Browsers for Firestick and Fire TV
- How to Watch Free Live TV on Firestick
- Why is Firestick Running Slow, and how to Speed up Firestick
- How To Fix Disney Plus Not Working on Firestick or Fire TV
The “no sound” issue on your Firestick can be a frustrating roadblock to your entertainment. However, with the troubleshooting steps provided in this guide, you should be able to diagnose and resolve the problem efficiently. Whether it’s a simple unmute action, adjusting settings, or updating software, you can regain the audio experience you desire. Remember to explore the Frequently Asked Questions section for additional guidance on related sound issues. Enjoy your Fire Stick’s audio to the fullest!