Last Updated on October 5, 2021 by Andrew White
In this article, I will be telling you how to watch CBS Sports on firestick so if you are interested then keep reading this article till the very end.
According to sources, CBS is the most-watched TV network in the United States with a primetime average of 6.26 million viewers which makes it even ahead of NBC. CBS stands for Columbia Broadcasting System and it began in 1927 which makes it one of the oldest TV networks.
And if your favorite TV shows/programs or sports broadcast on CBS and you want to get CBS on firestick then I am here to help you today. You will find different categories of programming on CBS like Live Sports, Live News, Drama, Comedy, etc. One of my favorite sports NFL also broadcast on CBS, so that’s a very good thing about this TV network.
Now the main question is whether you can watch CBS Sports on firestick to watch live sports? well, the same question was arising in my mind when I got my first firestick device, and after researching a bit I figured out different ways to watch CBS Sports on firestick or fire tv.
There are different ways available to watch CBS. There are both free as well as paid methods available to watch your favorite CBS network on fire TV. Both free and paid methods will let you watch CBS sports on firestick, so, if your main aim is to watch CBS sports then you can easily do that. CBS has its own sports app that you can install on your firestick.
Different ways to watch CBS Sports on firestick?
Well, as I just said above, there are free as well as paid methods to watch CBS sports on fire tv or firestick. Below I have discussed both ways, so if you are someone who doesn’t have a cable TV connection then you can try out the free method and those who already have an active cable or satellite tv connection can try the paid method because it is more reliable.
First, let’s discuss the free method to watch CBS sports on firestick, let start, shall we?
Free method to watch CBS Sports on Firestick
If you don’t know then lemme tell you there are so many free live TV streaming websites that let you stream live TV channels for free. Websites like Sportsurge and USTVGO are a blessing to have because they don’t require any registration. Make sure your firestick has a good browser already installed, if you don’t have any browser installed or if you are confused about which browser is good then check out the list of the best browsers for firestick.
Follow the below steps to stream the CBS sports network on firestick via USTVGO.TV
- First of all, open up your firestick device.
- Now open up the browser of your choice, I am here opening the Silk browser because it is the most optimized browser for firestick and it is fast as hell.
- Once the browser is opened, take your cursor to the top web address and highlight the path, you can use take the help of the mouse toggle app on firestick to make the task easier.
- Now here you need to type this URL https://ustvgo.tv
- Once the URL is written, hit the go button.
- Now the website will open, as you can see there are numbers of live TV channels from the USA are listed.
- If you look closely, on the right sidebar there is a search option, simply go there.
- Now type ‘CBS’ and hit the enter.
- It will now show the CBS and CBS sports network, if you are interested in watching sports then open the CBS sports network.
- Now the live streaming will start for free.
So, above were the steps to watch the CBS sports network on firestick for free of cost and without any registration. But the free method is not always reliable and may also end you up in trouble because of piracy issues and that’s why I recommend you to always choose the legit option to stream.
Paid method to watch CBS sports on firestick
If you don’t know then let me tell you, there is an official CBS sports app that is available to download for free on Amazon firestick. You can easily download and install the CBS sports app on firestick from the Amazon app store. You can watch CBS live sports, news, and shows on the CBS Sports app. Also, the app is well optimized for the firestick.
But this app is not available for free to use and that means in order to take benefit of the CBS sports app, you must have an active cable or satellite TV connection then only you can CBS sports app on firestick. Below are the steps that are needed to download and activate the CBS app on firestick.
How to Install CBS sports app on Firestick
- First of all, open up your firestick device.
- Now on the home screen, you will see the Find option, click on it.
- Now click on the Search button.
- Here you need to type the CBS sports app with the help of an on-screen keyboard.
- Once that is written hit the enter button.
- Now you will see the CBS icon on your screen, simply click on it.
- You need to now click on the ‘Get’ or ‘Download’ button to start downloading the CBS Sports app on firestick.
- Wait until the installation gets done.
- Once the app is installed successfully on firestick, go to the Apps & Games section and move the CBS sports app to the fire tv home screen.
After the above steps are performed, you can not directly open and start using the app, one crucial thing still needs to be done and that is activating the CBS sports app to watch CBS sports on firestick. Below are the steps to activate the CBS sports app on firestick.
How to Activate CBS sports app on firestick
Once the app is installed successfully on firestick, it is very important to activate it in order to use it. Check out the below steps to know how to activate the CBS sports app.
- First of all, open up the CBS sports app that you just installed recently.
- Now when you open the app for the first time, it will ask for your favorite so simply select your favorite team and click on the Done button.
- Now once you reach the main interface of the CBS Sports app, go to Settings.
- Now click on the Sign-in button.
- Here you need to select your TV providers, there is a wide range of TV providers that are supported. Just select yours.
- Now a unique code will appear on your TV screen, copy that code.
- Now on your mobile or laptop visit this URL cbs.com/activate/firetv
- Now here you need to enter the code that you just copied earlier.
- After entering the code, click on the Activate button.
- Done! Now go back to your firestick screen and enjoy streaming CBS on firestick.
Now the above is good for those who already have a cable or satellite TV connection but if you are someone who doesn’t have any TV providers then don’t worry you can still watch CBS Sports on firestick via live TV streaming service apps.
There are different apps available that let you stream live TV right on your smartphone or firestick. I am personally a big fan of live TV streaming services. Below I have listed some of my own tested and favorite live TV streaming apps that you can try out.
How to Watch CBS Sports network without cable
The above method that I shared requires a cable connection but don’t worry if you don’t have it, live TV streaming apps are here to help you.
Hulu TV has its own live TV service that provides you with so many channels at a very reasonable price. The best part about Hulu is that it has its own OTT library and that is also accessible if you purchase Hulu + live TV service. You will get more than 65 channels and including famous channels like CBS and NBA.
Sling TV has been in this live TV streaming service for a very long time and it was and currently is the best live TV streaming service for those who are running out of budget. Unlike other apps, Sling TV has very reasonable rates and provides almost all the channels that are required in our daily life. However, if you want to watch changes like CBS, NBA, and other sports category channels then you have to purchase the higher package of Sling TV but that is also cheaper compared to its competitors.
Youtube also entered into the live TV streaming department and provides top-notch quality but the rates are a little on the expensive side but I have to admit the fact that it is worth buying. The monthly subscription to Youtube TV will cost you $64.99 and you will get more than 80 channels including all the famous channels. CBS and other sports channels are also included in this package.
So, this was our article on how to watch CBS Sports on firestick. Here in this article, I shared all information that I had and I tried my best to represent the information in a very straightforward manner. Here I have shared both free as well as paid methods to stream CBS. One thing to keep in mind is that while using the free method to stream CBS sports on firestick, make sure to use a working VPN.
If you have any doubts or issues then do comment down below and let me know, I will try my best to solve your query.